Followers

Sunday 16 September 2012

Black and Gold.....




Well , I can't believe  where the weekend has gone..... How has yours been? Mine has been busy but enjoyable..... Today, I spent the day at Clarity North West with the fab Maria Simms and a great bunch of crafters.
Last week I had to make a special card for a friend to give to his wife, he wanted something different to 'the run of the mill' cards....
This is what I came up with... I can share it with you as she really loved it.
 

The background is stamped with FlitterGlu on to black card with the IndigoBlu Floral Swirl stamp and then Brighton Pier Mega-Flakes.
The topper is also using the black card with the IndigoBlu Poppy Heart stamp. FlitterGlu and Morris Dance Mega-Flakes.
 
 
Hat pins and embellishments finish off the design.
This is the first time that I have used the black card and the flakes and I am so impressed with the results and the fact that it was so quick to make. 
I think this could be a start of my black and gold faze .....oh dear...watch this space...
Have a good week all and thanks for calling in,
Hugs, Jo. X 

6 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Jo I was playing with those stamps today too lol xxx

Fiona C said...

Great card - very striking and thanks for including details of the stamps you used xx

Jane said...

Fabulous card Jo! And thanks for today! It must have been hard for you to keep that secret from me! Glad you did though! X

Jane said...

Fabulous card Jo! And thanks for today! It must have been hard for you to keep that secret from me! Glad you did though! X

Linda said...

Beautiful card Jo. I love using the flakes on black card, the effect is so striking.
Love you colour choices on this design they co-ordinate beautifully. Have a lovely week xx

Lynne said...

Beautiful card, Jo. The flakes look really striking on black. x