Followers

Sunday 7 April 2013

Lovely Day...

Happy Sunday to everyone and how lovely the weather is today....so good to see the sun....and to be able to do some gardening....
Which is why I have to share this photograph with you....Karl took it yesterday in the car park at Pooles Cavern....and yes the snow pile was bigger than me..
 

It was the second workshop there and I must thank the staff, they are brilliant...if you fancy a day out do check out what they have to offer....from walking to Go Ape and a great cafe...
http://www.poolescavern.co.uk
As some of the ladies are new to crafting our first card used a variety of papers, cut outs, toppers and distressing techniques.....String and Card Candi were used to finish the design...our theme for the day was (the very difficult!!!!) ..Cards for Men....
 
 
Our second card used a stamp set from Papermania....Nostalgia....
We stamped using Distressed Ink and then water and a brush to drag the colour and produce a watercolour effect....this is a really great technique, if you haven't tried it...do give it a go....it gives such great looking results.... (and is so quick to do).
 
 
All the crafters made two brilliant cards....(and yes....all.....I won't name and shame....but great to see you finish both projects.....you know who you are.....Hugs....)
Right I am off now got another busy week ahead....and looking forward to watching The Village tonight......filmed locally in Hayfield.....I was lucky to live there for many years and it has such fond memories in my heart.....
Take care and see you soon, Jo. X

6 comments:

Louise said...

Love your cards, Jo. Perfect for men x

Chrissie Roberts said...

Thank you for yet another lovely day Jo
I loved these cards esp the golfer as it is my sons' birthday very soon and it's perfect for him
Now you can see the sort of snow we have to put up with :D

Linda said...

Hi Jo,
Great cards, and what a lot of snow!!!
I've just received a Leibster Award over on my blog (http://lindylou-lifeinthecraftlane.blogspot.com/2013/04/ive-got-award.html) As I always love to see your work, and admire what you do, i'd like to nominate you as one of my 5 people to pay the award on to. Details are on my blog, along with the badge, if you would like to accept. Speak to you soon. Hugs ... Linda xx

Jane said...

Hi Jo....You are popular....Linda gave me the Leibster Award so I have nominated you as well as LInda has!!! xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks so much Linda, ...catch up soon...I have left you a comment on your blog....hugs. X

Jo Rice said...

Oh Jane, Thank you , how exciting....two nominations...I have left you a comment on your blog...Hugs. X