Followers

Monday 20 January 2014

Busy weekend

Well yes that was a busy weekend, on Saturday I went to Crafts 4 U 2 Do in St Helens. We made a wall hanging using three of the MDF butterflies from none other than the MDF man....
We started by covering them with some fabulous Graphic 45 papers and cutting them out....some sanding and gilding...


Then we made some embellishments with die cuts, Clarity stamps and some Sweet Lilac flowers.


More gilding,


More cutting out, some lunch, (and yummy cakes ...thanks Lisa).


Then the best bit...time to play and decorate the butterflies....what to glue where....
Some ribbon and job done...Thanks for your company ladies ...and Chris, you still make the best coffee....
Then there was Sunday...a few of us went along to help Maria Simms move into her new Craft Unit....the Maria Craft Hub....although, I'm not sure if that is the official name....oh my ....just how much craft stash can one person have!!!!! It does look fab though....A great place for workshops.....
We did work hard although this is the only photo that I have!!!!!


I'm off now.....so much to catch up on this week....
Enjoy your evening....
Jo. X 

10 comments:

Yvonne said...

Wow feeling tired just reading about your weekend Jo. Fantastic project at your workshop and I'm sure everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves,
Looks like you had a lot of fun at Maria's although I'm sure a lot of hard work was out into the day, xxx

Jeanette Butler said...

Sounds like lots of hard work and plenty of fun. Love the butterflies x

Jeanette Butler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous wall hanging and would look lovely in my craft room ;) A great photo of you and Jane too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Beth Brovold said...

HOW GORGEOUS THIS IS Jo!! You have been a busy girl...PHEW!!! It would look FAB in my craft room too...LOL!!

Emma Burns said...

Lovely JO. Looks like you all had a lot of fun at Maria'sxx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments....I do feel so lucky to be able to go and meet such great people and spend my time crafting....or as Mark my friend says Playing.....x

Saintly Lisa said...

It was a brilliant day on Saturday Jo & a fabulous project to do, we all had a great day using lovely products xx

Theresa said...

oh well i see no tassles. where did you hide them. glad you enjoyed yourselves at the workshops. and it looks like oodles of fun was to be had at Maria's hugs xx

Unknown said...

Very pretty butterflies Jo. I bet everyone really enjoyed making them
Amy x