Followers

Friday 10 January 2014

Monochromatic ...

Hello lovely people and welcome to Fridays blog....a little later than I wanted...oh, I've had PC and Internet issues today!!!!! But at least the weekend is in sight.
Today, is new challenge day over at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Blog Challenge and the theme is ......Monochromatic ......(I do like a bit of monochromatic ..) 
So here's my interpretation for you....I did have to use the gorgeous new Sea horse stamps from Claritystamp.......well, they did sell out so fast on Sundays shows....did you see them? 



I started out by stamping the Sea Horses in Versafine ink - Imperial Purple.
I then used the clarity masks to protect them....as it was the first time I'd used them I added a little talcum powder underneath, just to reduce the tacky mess.
Don't forget that Monochromatic doesn't have to be black and white, it can be any colour.....so my sample is going to be tones of purple and white...


Then I taped the seaweed stencil at the top of the card. This enables me to lift up the stencil at any time to see how my shading is building up and I know that it will lie back down in the same place.


I gradually built up the background using my Stencil brush and Adirondack inks....Cool Peri and Purple Twilight.


On a separate piece of card I stamped the Clarity sentiment...I do like this one...and used my brush to add a little colour around the edges.



I took the stencil away and stamped some bubbles with the bubble stamp from Clarity. Took the masks away and stored them on a piece of copier paper.
A little colour was added with colouring pencils. 
Ribbon, Bakers Twine and hat pins were added before adding the sentiment.
I used Glossy Accents on the bubbles ...well I just had too....



I also used one of Tim Holtz lovely little bottles ...oh these are so cute and put some purple dew drops in it.


Here is a close up of the Sea Horses....they really are stunning and so versatile....also nice and easy to colour....Thanks Barbara....



If you need more inspiration just go to the Fussy and Fancy blog .....
And have a look.....even better create a project and join in....
For any of the Clarity products just go and look here.......
Enough from me ....I am off out for a meal tonight with Karl, Adam and Hayley....it's Hayley's Birthday tomorrow and I still haven't finished her card....
Happy Birthday for tomorrow Hayley.....oh, and on that note it's my lovely friend and fellow Clarity and F&F DT member Sam Crowe's Birthday today...Happy Birthday Sam........love and Hugs.....xxxxx
Have a great weekend all....
much love....Jo. X 

13 comments:

Yvonne said...

A stunner Jo. Good choice of colours too.
Have a lovely meal out and enjoy your weekend xxx

Unknown said...

Stunning as always, I have been waiting for you to blog this one ... as soon as I saw it, I was amazed, this was the first time I had seen these gorgeous little fellas, they are so new, so as soon as they had aired on C& C I was over to Clarity to buy them so I am waiting for the postie. Strange how many of us used purple to create monochromatic cards!! xxx enjoy your meal xxxx Annie

Lisapmac said...

I love the combination of stamps and stencils you've used, the different purple shades look fab x

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Jo, this is stunning, my favourite colours and loving the beautiful stamps and the design.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Theresa said...

i'm loving this monochromatic purple. really like the way you have built the background xx

Naomi said...

Jo, this is so beautiful and lovely to use colours you would not normally associate with sea horses, but work so fantastically. I love it.

Sheryl said...

Such a beautiful card, Jo, and I love your picture tutorial! Thank you!
It looks like you had lots of fun making it! ;-)
I hope that you enjoy your weekend!
Big Warm Hugs, Sheryl

Beth Brovold said...

Hi Jo!! I took a peek on your blog this morning but your card wasn't posted yet. This is TRULY LOVELY!!! I can't believe all the layers that you have put into this BEAUTY!! So many wonderful technical tips too...thanks for the tutorial and for the comment on my blog...very much appreciated!! You have a wonderful weekend as well!!

Stamping Bubbles said...

This is a lovely card Jo. I like the colours you have used. Could I ask you a question? How do you get the glossy accents to go clear. I used this product for the first time making my Christmas cards and I could only get cloudy Rudolph red noses. What am I doing wrong?
Many thanks
Lesley

Jo Rice said...

Hi Lesley....I am afraid I am not sure where you are going wrong....my Glossy Accents is cloudy when I apply it but then it dries clear....I keep mine upside down in an old jar to stop any air bubbles....I would suggest just having another go ....fingers crossed this time....Jo. X

Pia S said...

I think you made a great purple underwater scene! I haven't got much experience with stencils, but your card and simple tutorial made me interested in investing in some. I really like how your card turned out. Btw, purple is one of my preferred colors!

Unknown said...

Hi Jo, beautiful card. I love the seahorse stamp, I used to collect things with seahorses on when I was little so I think I may have to purchase this! Great step by step guide & loving the purple too.
Have a good weekend
Amy x

Stamping Bubbles said...

Thanks Jo will give it another try.
Lesley