Followers

Sunday 16 February 2014

Sweet Lilac Sunday.

Good morning do hope you are well and keeping warm and dry in this terrible weather.
Today, is the day for a new challenge over at the Sweet Lilac Challenge Blog....
And the new theme is Baby.....
I have been waiting for an opportunity to use my fantastic new Clarity Victorian Alphabet...(designed by Barbara Gray)..so here's my project ...I do hope you like it...


It's so lovely to use I can see these stamps bring featured on here so much...


To start with I put some masking tape on my card ....to give me a straight edge..


Next I stamped the letters using Gray Flannel Memento ink,


I added some colour with my Graph' It markers ...I wanted to keep it all quite pale...


Some matting and layering and some lovely lace from Sweet Lilac Flowers...(yes, they sell lace too!)


Next some little wooden embellishments...how cute are these..


Here is a close up of the letters...I hope you like them as much as I do..


And of course there has to be some amazing Sweet Lilac flowers, here is a close look at them.....
If you would like to enter the challenge or take a look at the other DT projects then just go and visit...
The winner each month receives a hamper of Sweet Lilac Flowers...
Thanks for visiting today and as always, I really appreciate you all and your comments...
Take care....Jo. X 


8 comments:

Mindful craft said...

Morning Jo,
A clever idea for using lettering stamps, what a lovely vintage feel you've created, the lace, flowers and embellies compliment your design so well.
Gave a good Sunday Jo, hugs hunny xxx

Maria Moorhouse said...

Beautiful project Jo, I must start collecting the Victorian alphabet stamps. I love the co,ours you chose for your Sweet Lilacs and I didn't know they sold lace too!! X

Lisapmac said...

Beautiful artwork that needs to be mounted as a stunning memento x

Shairon said...

A really gorgeous card, Jo!

Yvonne said...

So delicate and pretty Jo. This would look lovely as a wall hanging in a nursery. Xxxx

Theresa said...

lovely card Jo. i really like those wooden embellies.....very sweet. as for the lace and flowers...i'm biased lol xx

Cin said...

Fabulous card Jo, I love the suttle shades you have used all in all it looks very classy x

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card, love the stamps you have used they look gorgeous!
Hugs
Linda xxx