Followers

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Happily Ever After..

Good evening, and firstly I must say a warm welcome to our two new followers.....oh I am so chuffed that our little band of crafters is still growing...I do love to share my crafty journey with you all....and wow what a journey is has been....the last two years have been totally amazing......and so much on the horizon.....oh I still pinch myself.....

How has your Tuesday been? Mine has been one of those days where it has been one step forwards.....two steps backwards......and it is so cold.......so I am sat here in my dressing gown with Tess on my knee and the heating is on....

I thought I would share one of the Samples that featured on the Clarity show on Sunday..

It features the Happily Ever After Stamp Set....one of my favourites....

I started by blending Distress inks to make the background...after applying a moon mask.

Then some water spritzing....Oh I do love this type of crafting....

Then I stamped the castle, followed by the trees...

I repeated the stamping of the castle, cut it out in a variety of sizes and added some colour with Spectrum Noir pencils.

The background pattern was made by stamping the frame stamp around the outer edge of the card.

I decoupaged the castle using 3d glue gel, then some matting and layering and some shadowing with a Charcoal pencil...

Here is a side view....

I really wanted this to be like a Fairytale castle....I do hope that you like it....

I am off to Maria's craft club tomorrow...and have some crafty play to look forward to with Sharon and Cindie...

Better go and pack my craft bags.....

Enjoy your evening....

Warm hugs to all,

Jo. xxxx

 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

It really is a magical stamp isn't it Jo! I loved it too. I love your decoupage... I haven't done much of that... so thank you for the inspiration chuck; I'll give it a go (once I've found some of theta glue! - it's on my NEC shopping list!). Hugs xxx Mand xxx

Lisapmac said...

Fairytale indeed, this is lovely x x

Theresa said...

gorgeous. i can see the princess waving from the window..... hugs xx

Chrissie Roberts said...

it's beautiful Jo and so atmospheric xx

Yvonne said...

Any little girl would love to receive this card Jo, it's beautiful. Love the colours and the decoupage.
Hope you have a good time at Marias. ,lots of love xx

Lynne said...

It's a stunner, Jo. Love the colouring and the border. x

Naomi said...

The border is perfect for it Jo, it's gorgeous. That cutting may take a bit of time, but it was worth it. xxx

Donna Brooks said...

This is so beautiful, just waiting for the princess to pop into the picture. I love the background colours. The layering is such an effective way of adding depth to the castle. Hope you had fun on your 'play' day. XX

Shazza said...

absolutely stunning, love it x

Julie Little said...

Stunning card Jo! I was determined to not spend this time but when I saw your beautiful card my resolve crumbled and I simply had to buy this stamp. Your work is fab. Thank you so much for all the inspiration x

TDQ Karen said...

Beautiful, found your blog while searching to see if there were any Clarity groups near to me, so I have signed up as a stalker (sorry follower)