Followers

Wednesday 1 October 2014

The Seasons...

Good morning all and welcome to a new month and a new challenge...our new Clarity Challenge is titled....The Seasons....

Congratulations to last months winner and to the top five....once again we had some fantastic entries...and remember the winner chosen at random gets a £50 Clarity voucher....how good is that....

Here is my offering....

Not at all my usual style but I have been heavily influenced by the fabulous work of Eileen Godwin....a very talented and lovely lady.

I wanted to have a play with my new Distressed re-inkers, but I wanted to create a background with my own twist on it. You see I have seen how Tim Holtz uses the inks but I have learnt so much for our fantastic leader Barbara, and to take inspiration but put your own twist on it.

I know it may not be the way the inks were intended to be used , but hey ho ....I had fun....so I am happy with that...

I started with watercolour card and wet it

Then dropped some ink on it.....watch what happens...

Then a few more colours, and a bit of twisting and turning the card...

I chose colours that reminded me of Autumn....well that is the season at the moment....

When dry I stamped the dragonflies and this sentiment.( ...change....that is what nature and the seasons do....)

I stamped a couple more dragonflies, cut them out then decoupaged them...

Some matting and layering, and time for my all time favourite stamp....this time using white ink...

Some pva glue drops and job done.....

I usually add glossy accents to the bubbles, but this time I just felt they were better left more earthy...

A closet look, hope you like it...

Thanks for dropping in today....and I hope you are going to join in with our challenge....

Also please go and look at the samples from my fellow DT...oh they are a very talented bunch....each and everyone of them....... http://claritystampchallenge.blogspot.co.uk

All the Clarity products are available from http://www.claritystamp.co.uk.

I am off to Hazel Grove as it is workshop day....so I had better get a move on....

Have a great day all,

Much love,

Jo. xxxxx

 

11 comments:

Lisapmac said...

Lots of inky fun there and so effective. Love the bubbles stamp, must add that one to the list :-) x

Unknown said...

Yummy! Love it all (especially the bubbles!) xxx

Naomi said...

Love it Jo, can't wait to try this technique. What a beautiful card. xxx

Beth Brovold said...

UMMM...WOW Jo!!! FABULOUS creation...SUPERB tutorial...I want to try this!!!!!
Take care Jo,
Beth

Linda Page said...

Fabby card Jo - I can see Eileen's influence lol but very interesting to see your spin on it xx

Donna Brooks said...

Love this card. I would hang it on my wall as I love the colours and the background is beautiful. I must save up and buy a set of re-inkers, every time I see them being used I want them! XX

Theresa said...

cool what those reinkers do on wet paper! love those little bubbles xx

Yvonne said...

I wondered how you'd done this!!! I love how it's turned out and that bubbles stamp is one I must get. Lots of love Jo xxx

Angela said...

Lovely card Jo. What a great technique. I love the bubble stamp too - another one for the wish list! I hope you had a fun day yesterday, and that you enjoy Port Sunlight at the weekend. xx

Unknown said...

Absolutely adore this Jo, definitely going to have to have a go x

Lynne said...

Beautiful card Jo. I really like the inky background and the bubbles go so well with it. x