Followers

Monday 29 December 2014

Take an Owl and a Squirrel.....

Good evening and thanks for looking in today...

How was your Christmas? I do hope you had a lovely time .

Ours could have been better, poor Mikey was ill and didn't even manage any Christmas Dinner...and now I seem to have this wonderful cold that is doing the rounds....I am just so glad that I have had my flu jab and I am keeping my fingers crossed for a quick recovery...

Today I managed to get to the post office with some samples for the Clarity show on C&C on Sunday...not as many as usual I am afraid...but it did remind me that I still have some from the last show that I need to blog...so here goes.....

This is one of my favourites and I really enjoyed making it...

I started with a piece of Kraft card and the Flare Frame Stencil from Clarity...

Next came some Grunge Paste..., when dry I coloured it with Adirondack ink and a Stencil brush..

Then some vibrant colour with Inka Gold Paint...( it washes off the stencil really well)

This is what it looks like when the stencil is removed...

Next a little trick that I got from Barbara Gray....to scratch the GP back to white using a blade...

How effective is that? I do love this ...thanks Barbara....I think I will be using this a lot....

I created a card blank with more Kraft card, and some faux stitching...

The centre topper was made using the Remountable Owl Squqre stamp... And coloured with Spectrum Noir Pencils...

And then all positioned together...

Then just some more stamping....some leaves, some cutting out and a word from the word chains...

 

And design complete...

The second card uses the Large Leaves stencil and the Remountable Squirrel Round stamp...

I started by using a piece of Gelli card, Distress inks and a mini blending tool...

Adding one colour at a time...

And then some shade..and water droplets...

And black lines..

Next the topper and some added Zentangle..

Plus some more of those lovely leaves..

Just the job....

Thanks for popping in today...

See you soon.

Warm hugs...

Jo. xxxx

 

10 comments:

Lisapmac said...

Both are stunning artwork xx

Lisapmac said...

Ps. Hope Mikey is feeling much better, my Hubby was full of cold by Christmas day and I joined in the fun (not) Boxing day night. I always have the flu jab too xx

LoraineC said...

Beautiful pieces of work, my mum dad and one of my children all had this horrible germ, fingers crossed they haven't shared!!! X

rachel said...

wow Jo - these are stunning Jo - I adore those stencils - so very beautiful and the stamps too - sorry your christmas wasn't as good as you hoped it would be - and you've got a cold too - look after yourself and I hope it doesn't become flu. Big hugs to you! Rachel x

Theresa said...

i love both backgrounds. you created so much depth. great work xx

Jane said...

They are fabulous! X

Angela said...

Gorgeous artwork Jo. Both look great and I agree that Barbara's tip on taking grunge paste back to White is really useful. Sorry to hear that Mikey was poorly over Christmas. I hope you shake your cold off. xx

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful!!!!

Emma Burns said...

I love the owl. Never used inka gold before, must give it a try. We had a very late Christmas lunch (9pm) My three are all chefs and worked Christmas Day as people will go out to eat! Hope you have a great 2015 Jo. Thank you for all the support and encouragement you have given me and it has been really nice meeting you too. Hugs to get well and Hugs just for the sake of some hugs. xxx

Donna Brooks said...

Wow I love both of these, they look so different with the techniques you have used. The owls are on my wish list, don't have any of the gold paint you have used but do have some Pebeo wax which should work on grunge paste, will have to give it a try. I like the way the black lines on the squirrel stencil make it look so bold. Xx