Followers

Friday 30 January 2015

Time to play..

Good afternoon all...I do hope you are well today...and that you have a relaxing weekend planned...

Tomorrow I am off to C.J.Cardcraft in Edgeley for two canvas workshops...I do love going to the shop Glynis always looks after me and the crafters are so friendly...

I have made two examples so that the crafters can just play and create whatever they want too....

These Clarity Canvases are so brilliant to use....

I do love this butterfly stencil....

But equally I love this Lantern pods too...

Now the other night when I was having trouble sleeping , it occurred to me that this technique for canvas's could be used on MDF...

So I had a go....and I must say I am really happy with the results...

What do you think?

Just incase it did work ...I took some photos...so here we go...

MDF box and tag from the MDF Man....

Grunge paste through the Honeycomb Clarity Stencil...let it dry....

Add some embellishments...I used Sweet Lilac Flowers and Lace, metallic embellishments and one of those lovely little glass bottles...

Deep breath....don't panic...paint the whole thing with black gesso...

 

When dry....cover lightly with gold gilding wax...leave to dry....then buff....

 

Then add the colour using Alcohol markers ...I used Spectrum Noir pens and the eBrush ...

 

The colour is permanent ....and looks great because the gilding wax still shows through...

It really looks like a little treasure box...

 

And the flowers have dried really stiff....so it is very hard wearing....I can't wait to make another one....

Do let me know what you think...

We still have lots of snow.....so for those of you who like the Eric updates....he loves the snow...

 

 

And he stands out really well...

Right...tea break over....thanks for joining me....

Have a Good Friday evening...

See you soon...

Love and hugs...

Jo. xxxx

 

6 comments:

Donna Brooks said...

Arrrrrr paint it ALL black!!!!!! Deep breath............. And then oooooooo pretty with the gold and the colours at the end. What a great way of using embellishments that don't 'go' with anything anymore! Just off to look at little boxes. Xx

Pat K said...

Stunning work Jo. I'd so love to be able to do this sort of thing ...mine always looks like mud in the end. Perhaps I need to practice, practice, practice. hugs, Pat K xx

rachel said...

amazing makes Jo - these are brilliant! Hope the weekend goes well! Hugs rachel xx

Chrissie Roberts said...

Really stunning Jo. Have a good weekend x

Abfabdesigns said...

Beautiful ,stunning ,gorgeous

Saintly Lisa said...

Wow Jo, the canvas are both fabulous, and the box is stunning, a real keeper xx have a great day xx