Followers

Wednesday 11 February 2015

Workshop Wednesday....

Hi all, hope this post finds you well, especially at the moment when so many people seem to be suffering from one thing or another. So if you are unwell (and yes Wendy that means you too) please get better soon....

In the Rice household I am still in a lot of pain with my hand and Adam is still poorly...he had more blood tests today...and he is back at the hospital tomorrow...I must thank everyone for such lovely comments, good wishes and it has really shown me what true friends are...so Thanks...and you know who you are...

Back to today and it was workshop day in Hazel Grove...as you know I do love to meet up with this lovely bunch of crafting friends...and as always we had a laugh...

Today we concentrated on colouring techniques using Spectrum Noir pencils, blending stumps and blending solution...this was the first card using a lovely stamp from Clarity ..Bouquet...

Next we talked about colouring with Alcohol pens, what ink pads to use and different types of card stock...

Our next card was this one...

And we used the Alcohol pens scribbled on acetate and activated with blending solution...the butterfly stamp is from Clarity...

 

This is a great way of making a quick background ...so I had another play...and this is what I came up with...

Well I do love the Wee Folk stamps...

How cool is that?

Then to finish off with we talked about stamping using Distress ink and dragging the ink with water to give a watercolour effect...

And don't forget to clean up the ink from your mat using a piece of card or a tag and then you have a 'free' ready made background..

It is always good to have a stash of backgrounds when you need a quick card...speaking of cards...I made a card earlier this week for a special friend Jeanette ...for her 50th Birthday...I put it in an envelope , added her address and a stamp....then the mistake I made was to leave it on the chair ready to post....it only took a few moments and Eric..AKA Shredder...had it in his mouth and was adding the finishing touches of teeth marks and chewed corners!!!! ...but it had to go in the post...so ....sorry Jeanette...I just didn't have time to make another........well it certainly is an original....

Thanks for sharing a few moments with me tonight....

Take care and call back soon...

Much love and hugs,

Jo. xxx

 

3 comments:

Mindful craft said...

Thinking of you Jo, hope you are in less pain soon and that Adam starts to get much better, such a worry...
Glad you had a lovely crafty day, gorgeous makes as always.
Take care, Hugs xXx

Yvonne said...

Good to hear that Eric is taking an interest in your crafting!!
Love all your makes, my favourite is the one using wee folks, I really have to invest in those.
Take care of yourself, love to you and Adam xxx

Donna Brooks said...

Those inky backgrounds are so beautiful! What a great idea. I have the spectrum noir pencils and love them, haven't used the blending solution yet as I'm not sure how too, I will have to see if I can find any demos on you tube. Sorry to hear your hand is still sore, hopefully it will improve soon. Good luck for the hospital visit hope Adam gets some answers soon. Xx