Followers

Sunday 24 May 2015

Sunday...a day to rest...

Good afternoon all and thanks for popping in today....how is your weekend going? Today I am having a rare day off....it was another busy week last week ....Wednesday was workshops in Hazel Grove....always a great day....and always so much laughter...and this week Julie made gluten free cakes....and oh they were delicious....thanks Julie....( sorry that you missed them Wendy x )

Then yesterday it was Clarity Cumbria, another highlight of my crafty life...so off I set at 7 am and Sheila had my breakfast waiting for me...now this is another group of the most lovely, friendly and kind crafters that you could wish to meet...as always we did have cake....Sheila makes the most wonderful cakes...I was spoilt again with gluten free cake...thanks ladies...Freda brought extra sweeties....and Rachel brought us chocolates...( well we do like to nibble whilst we are creating!!!)

We started by making a gift card, that had two cards inside....This was based on the wedding invitation that I designed the other week for TV...

Our class stamp was the Shephers purse stamp set...and yes Mandy...I told you I just can't put it down...

This would make such a lovely gift....and could have a gift card or voucher inside...here are the ones that the ladies and gentleman made....( don't want to forget you Peter)

And this is the insides...

Next we did some wreath stamping....you all know how I love yo make wreath cards...

Look what a great job the crafters did....

Now our next card did cause such laughter....mind you I think my book choice could have been better.....!!!

I thought I had vetted the pages!!!!

But you know some people will find naughty words anywhere.... ( but not me!!! lol..)

The venue that we have is just perfect , with plenty of light....if you ever fancy joining us, just email me ...all the dates are on my workshop dates page on here....

Must go now....Mikey needs a lift to work...did I say I was having a day off? ....well may be half a day....

A long walk with Karl and the dogs is just what I need....Eric has started hiding in the grass...

Can you see him?

Is that better?

I think he is playing hide and seek for Labradors.....

Enjoy your evening all, and have a lovely Bank Holiday Monday tomorrow....

Karl is on call so I have a long list of jobs to keep me out of mischief ....

Much love and hugs....

Jo. xxxx

 

7 comments:

rachel said...

It was a wonderful workshop Jo - looking forward to June already!!! Big hugs to you! Hope you had a good day off x

Jo Rice said...

Thanks for coming Rachel, your projects looked fab ...enjoy the rest of the weekend...and big hugs to you and your lovely girls...xxx

rosiejt said...

It was a lovely, productive and relaxing workshop again, Jo. Thank you to you and to Sheila as well - super cake maker!

Janet Pring said...

Looks like another great workshop, and some lovely cards made by the ladies x

Donna Brooks said...

I love this stamp too, was the first of many Clarity stamps I will use in my new art journal. Wow, all the crafters at your workshops produce wonderful end results. They must all leave feeling very proud as must you. I laughed at the photo of Eric hiding, how funny! Does he like to find you if you hide? Xx

Jo Rice said...

Hi Donna, oh yes Eric loves to play hide and seek...he is so funny....thanks for your continued support on my little blog...hope you have a lovely day...xxx

Donna Brooks said...

Hi Jo, I love coming and looking at your creations, you are very talented! XX