Followers

Tuesday 15 December 2015

The Elephant in the room....

Good evening all and thanks for looking in today.

Oh my how the day has flown today...or is that just me? And I do wish people would stop reminding me how many days left .....,,,,,!!!!!!

What have you been up to? My day started at 7am with a long dog walk ....in the rain.....Karl left at 5am so it was just me and the ' double trouble ' mad Labradors.

Then it was some paper work , emails, and I actually made and wrote a few more Christmas cards....then it was onto some pyrography orders....

Would you believe I have just been out with the dogs again,,,and it is raining....no wonder I am little......I think I keep shrinking with all this rain....

Karl is due home about 8pm so I have time to share some art work with you before I cook his meal....

I thought we would look at some stencil work...as you know I do love stencils...

I started with a piece of stencil card, the trellis stencil and some distress inks.

Blending the colours from light to dark....from the middle to the outer edges.

Then I removed the stencil. I do love this background.

Next came the elephant stencil and some grey distress ink...Hickory Smoke..I didn't want the design to dark

I wanted to be able to add some depth with black soot DI.

It is always good to have some light and shade.

Oh and balance, so I distressed the edges in black too.

Next I put VersaMark ink through the stencil, always remember to wash the stencil straight away...

Then some clear embossing powder, and I heated it from underneath....

It gave the elephant a lovely glossy look to his hide.....not easy to photograph though ....sorry .

Some matting and layering and some grounding with my charcoal pencils.

And a black gem for his eye...such a proud elephant...

It is great to combine stencils , there are so many possibilities...

Oh , time is marching on again...I need to get the noodles on..

Have a lovely evening, and to those of you going to school concerts, carol services etc....enjoy ..

.my all time favourite service is the christingle service ....I know my Christmas has begun then....

Love and hugs...

Jo. xxxx

 

5 comments:

ambermog said...

Fabulous:)

Donna Brooks said...

Love it! I really like these big animal stencils and it looks great in combination with the trellis stencil. Have a lovely evening, fingers crossed for a dry walk tomorrow. Xx

Chrissie Roberts said...

A long day for Karl today so I hope he enjoyed his noodles. Lovely card Jo. I really love your use of colour. Don and I should be at Georgias' concert but things haven't worked out, so guess what I'm watching? Football you say?! lol
Take care and stay dry! x

Theresa said...

love that background. i'm sure i hav that stencil in larger version. i must say i am not such a fan of elephants but he does look grand, hugs xx

rachel said...

wonderful work Jo - lovely stencilling. I loved your comment about shrinking in the rain. Lol - you are funny!!! Big hugs Rachel x