Followers

Saturday 23 January 2016

A card and a gift..

Good afternoon all, and thanks for looking in...

I am just home after workshop day at CJ Cardcraft in Edgeley...and once again thanks all for a lovely time...

I promised Susan that I would do a blog post so here I am ...just in ...coat off , kettle on and iPad at the ready...

Today we made a card and a gift, you see I feel that it is great to make something other than just cards every once in a while...

I wanted a vintage feel for both so we did some distressing...and used muted colours.

I do love this sketched lady stamp...one of my all time favourites...

For the gift I wanted to make something a bit different ...so at 2am when my mind does its creative bit , I came up with this Post it note cover....

Let's face it we all use post it notes...and these can be personalised, especially with the alphabet stamps.

These will make great little presents too...

Here are some of the crafters makes....

I always mean to take more photographs....but once I get talking ...I just forget...so please forgive me to those who work I haven't captured.

All the stamps are from Clarity and can be found on the website...

I am off now to empty my craft bags....enjoy your Saturday evening...( remember Paul is on HOCHANDA tomorrow )

Much love and hugs...

Jo. Xxx

 

19 comments:

Paul B said...

Great class Jo. The card and Post It book were both fun to make. Haven't done vintage distress in such a long time. It was nice to revise it. My brown distress inks had begun to gather dust at home lol.

Paul B said...

Revisit!!!! not revise - blooming auto spell

Donna Brooks said...

Beautiful cards and such a novel gift! Xx

Jo Rice said...

Really good to meet you today , Paul, thanks for coming , have a lovely evening and I look forward to seeing you again...X

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Donna, hope you have had a lovely Saturday...xx

Theresa said...

love sketch lady myself. elegant card and a great idea for post its. have a great weekend, hugs xx

Barbara Finch said...

These are so lovely Jo - I must release that lady from her hiding place and create something with her! You're certainly having a busy week - don't wear yourself out before our next class!! Xx

Barbara Finch said...

These are so lovely Jo - I must release that lady from her hiding place and create something with her! You're certainly having a busy week - don't wear yourself out before our next class!! Xx

Donna Brooks said...

I did lots of messy crafting! Love getting all arty with inks, powders, paints etc. Xx

Jane said...

Great card and gift! Looks like you had another fabbie day! Xxxx

Jane said...

Great card and gift! Looks like you had another fabbie day! Xxxx

rachel said...

lovely makes Jo - glad you had a good day! Hugs to you lovely lady! Rachel xx

Emma Burns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emma Burns said...

Jo these are fabulous!! Loving the muted colours and that gift is really lovely. big hugs and well done to your ladies and paul..xx
p.s. I deleted the other comment as somehow this had jumped into another reply box...blogger at it's best lol

Amanda Openshaw said...

Love these Jo, the muted colours look fab. The sketched lady is my favourite too, I use her a lot. Xx

Linda Page said...

Great card and gift JO love sketchy Lady she's a classic

Linda Page said...

Great card and gift JO love sketchy Lady she's a classic

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is lovely. Love your take on the challenge theme Jo. Love the idea of the lovely gift too. Judy x

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is lovely. Love your take on the challenge theme Jo. Love the idea of the lovely gift too. Judy x