Followers

Thursday 14 January 2016

In the zone

Good afternoon all, do hope today is going well.

I have got lots of craft jobs ticked off the list this morning...and so I just have five minutes spare now for a cup of coffee and a catch up...

Yesterday it was Cheshire Crafts in Hazel Grove and we spent our classes getting into the zone and doing some Zentangling.... We talked about the art and history of Zentangle but then put a Clarity twist onto it...

We used a couple of stamps that are perfect to help get you into the zone

 

And then we talked about how Stencils can be used too...

I particularly love this one

Now the way that I approach this ....and this is just my way...you may find a different method...but as always just go with what suits you best.

I start by taping the stencil to the card at the top to create a hinge. Then I use my stencil brush and Adirondack ink to add a Light dusting of colour.

Next I remove the stencil and draw a line around each area with a black fine liner pen...then slowly just fill in each small area one pattern at a time..

For this design I added a ribbon border and a word ...

These designs make great cards for men....well they can be a little difficult at times....

I had a great time looking through my files of stencils , and so many of them lead themselves to this technique.

I do love this one too.

And it is still a work in progress....but you get the idea.

We missed a couple of our ladies yesterday , as they were unwell....so I am sending healing hugs you way ladies....xxxx

The news about Indonesia was not good this morning...and as Adam is spending tomorrow in Jakarta, I will be on pins all day and will feel much better when he is back home at the weekend...Just part of being a Mum....

That's me for today...coffee over and more jobs to tackle...thanks for looking in and for your company...

Take care and see you soon

Hugs

Jo. xxx

 

20 comments:

MFM said...

Ooh such lovely cards. Will be trying some of my Clarity stencils to see if I get such great results. PS. Don't worry too much.
M F Mxx

Lisapmac said...

Fantastic projects, haven't zentangled for ages. Do you use official tangles or do whatever? Xx

Janet Pring said...

Hi Jo, loving the tangled designs x

Jo Rice said...

Hi Lisa, I am afraid I just do my own thing...I did buy a book from a wonderful demonstrator at the NEC,,,and did make some tiles from it...but I found that my mind just wanders and I end up doing something different...I think what ever takes your fancy is good...xxx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks...and I look forward to seeing you you get on...xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Janet, now I know that you love your tangling...xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting more great ideas, always a pleasure reading your blog

Unknown said...

These are lovely - seeing my Clarity stencils in a new light! Haven't tried this before but next project. ....

Unknown said...

These are lovely - seeing my Clarity stencils in a new light! Haven't tried this before but next project. ....

Emma Burns said...

Hi Jo me darlin!! Just the inspiration I needed for a card. Thank you very much for sharing, off to sorty stencils out then hope to get on with proper card making. Much love and hugs. Hope all goes well with your Adam. Xxxxxcc

Barbara Finch said...

Hi Jo - confession time! Zentangle doesn't really float my boat but I really like the Kingfisher!He has suc a "look at me" expression! Xx

Barbara Finch said...

Hi Jo - confession time! Zentangle doesn't really float my boat but I really like the Kingfisher!He has suc a "look at me" expression! Xx

Donna Brooks said...

Hi Jo, I love zentangle I find it very relaxing. I don't do it nearly enough, so I think after reading your blog I may get out my pens later and do some. I love the kingfisher above, very beautiful. XX

Linda Page said...

Lovely cards Jo xx

Linda Page said...

Lovely cards Jo xx

Naomi said...

Such beautiful cards Jo. Love them.

Naomi said...

Such beautiful cards Jo. Love them.

Theresa said...

these are so gorgeous Jo. the zentangling just adds so much dimension. i really love the birdhouse one. fab, hugs xx

rachel said...

wonderful makes jo. brilliant zentangling" xx

Beryl said...

Now that's a good idea Jo - another technique to try.........thanks Jo! What lovely examples too.