Followers

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Spotlight technique.

Good morning all and thanks for popping in, I do hope your Wednesday has started well. I am just about ready to leave for our Hazel Grove workshops...I always look forward to crafting with these two wonderful groups of ladies..and believe you me we do laugh....

Just before I go I am going to chat to you about the Spotlight technique...

My interpretation of it is that it is to ' highlight ' an area or areas on a card.

Now this can be done by decoupage, adding colour, taking colour out, using triple embossing etc. And using whatever shape or shapes you decide..

Here is a card that I did using the Wee Houses ....

After stamping the row of houses , I drew a circle, added colour inside it and then triple embossed with clear embossing powder.

The next part is for our lovely friend and follower Donna, who asked how this next card had been achieved...

It was one of our Clarity Cumbria makes.

I started with a piece of white Gelli card , cut to size

As the poppies are going to be the focal point, I stamped them first

Then added the rest of the meadow

Next I had a die just the right size , and ran it through my eBosser machine.

Is it just me...or does this remind you of making mince pies????

Next a light dusting of sky using a stencil brush,

Then I added some colour to the poppies, do remember to leave some area white, also dark brown is a great way to add shade to the poppies.

I added some black card underneath the stamped card and mounted that onto my card blank

Then all I had to do was to add the cut out part using foam pads to give extra depth.

This is such a great technique and there are so many different stamps, and stencils that can be used. Why not have a go...I would love to know how you get on, and if you send me a photo via email I will put it on my blog so that we can all see...

Better get on,, Karl is away again so I am on dog duty, Mummy duty, and everything else duty!!!!

Better not keep the ladies waiting,

Bye for now

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxx

 

6 comments:

Jackie Elliott said...

Beautiful cards, I love how you can highlight a specific area and for someone who's not brilliant at colouring in, this little area to colour is just fantastic, thanks for sharing the technique. Jackie x

Donna Brooks said...

Oooooooo thanks Jo. I read this technique in a magazine ages ago and it had so many steps and sounded soooooooo complicated that I never tried it! I will give it a go now. Thank you. Xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Jackie, and I am glad that you like this technique...xx

Jo Rice said...

My pleasure Donna, looking forward to seeing what you make....xx

rachel said...

great spotlighting Jo - lovely technique beautifully showed xx

Unknown said...

What a great idea, thanks you for inspiration for the next batch of birthdays cards.Wx