Followers

Monday 9 May 2016

Clockwork butterfly

Good morning all, I hope your weekend went well.

I have scheduled this post as I am not sure if we will have internet access at our campsite in N. Ireland. So just incase we don't have here is some art work from Paul's last show on Hochanda.

I must admit that this was one of my favourite samples that I made for his shows... You know when you just really get into it...and the design just pops...

It uses the Clockwork stencil for the background.

I started with a piece of stencil card, the stencil and some twisted citron Distress inks...I do seem to use this colour so much at the moment.

Then I added some peacock feathers and did some gentle blending.

Followed by some water spritzing...this is such a great way to make a background

On separate pieces of card I stamped the words, the butterfly wings using the filigraphy hot air balloon stamps and one of the filigraphy flower stamps for the butterflies body

I used distress inks to add colour so that they all toned together , cut them out and mounted them

How cool is that...

I also added some shade to the clockwork design using charcoal pencils.

I do like to add a bit of word play to my designs...,it was great to see Paul with his demonstration of this design...fab work as always Mr...

All the stamps and the stencil can be found on the Clarity website...

This one uses the Time and Tide stencil another one that is great for male cards.

As we know they can be a bit more difficult to achieve...

Thanks as always for popping in,

Enjoy your day,

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxx

 

13 comments:

Emma Burns said...

Good morning Jo. I love how you have turned what could have been a very masculine card into a very pretty image with the brilliant addition of your butterfly. Talented all the way. Xxx

Jo Rice said...

Good morning Emma, thank you for your lovely words....hope you are keeping well....not long now and we can have a big, big hug....xxxx

Yvonne said...

Morning Jo - really hoping you're enjoying your trip to the Emerald Isle. Wow what a turnout for your workshop - why am I not surprised?
Love this card, how clever to turn a balloon into a butterfly.
Not sure when you're travelling back home but wishing you a safe journey xxxxxx

Barbara Finch said...

Beautiful card Jo. Love those colours! Xx

Barbara Finch said...

Beautiful card Jo. Love those colours! Xx

Jan said...

I never get tired of saying your designs and instruction are amazing . I have never been to Ireland or England and they re both on my list of places to go . My grandfather was Irish and my hubby is part English so we need to go check out our roots . Also German and Polish . Love your blogs . Jan

Judy Williams said...

Jo, your clockwork butterfly picture is absolutely stunning! I love everything about it, the colour scheme, the clever butterfly and the way everything comes together so perfectly. I hope you had a wonderful time in Ireland xx

Donna Brooks said...

Beautiful card, love the 3D look of the stencil work. Hope you ate still having fun on the Emerald Isle. Xx

Janet Pring said...

I love this card, Jo and it was great to see Paul demo it xx

Lisapmac said...

Beautiful design, had to buy the Balloon stamp as I loved it so much xx

rachel said...

beautiful - really beautiful xx

Theresa said...

both fab but my fave is the clockwork one. i k new it was yours as soon as Paul showed it on telly. have a great time, hugs xx

Allison Morgan said...

I love the colours you've used, and what a striking design. Beautiful. :)