Followers

Monday 16 May 2016

Down on the farm.

Good afternoon all and thanks for popping in on this Monday afternoon. Oh my, it is so much colder in Cheshire today...I even had to put my coat on to walk the dogs.

I hope you had a lovely weekend, Saturday was our monthly crafty session in Cumbria...

The roads were kind to me and all was going well until I called for Sheila, only to find Police and Recovery trucks outside her cottage. Poor Sheila and Graham had been woken up at 7am with a very loud bang...they ran outside to see what was going on and a van had smashed into a car right outside their house...The van had been stolen and the driver had then run off...luckily the gentleman in the other car wasn't badly injured but bless Sheila and Graham who straight away started traffic control.........etc...

So she certainly needed a nice cuppa by the time I collected her.

For our first class card we did some work with the Spectrum Aqua Markers, watercolour card and the brilliant Wee Farm and animal stamps.

Look at these masterpieces

 

Then after coffee we used some Stampbord....this time with shaving foam and distress reinkers.(bottled inks)

Oh we had such fun.....

And look at these brilliant designs...

I still love the 'scratching back ' bit.....so relaxing....

After lunch....it was time to count sheep.....

And have a play with the fab alphabet stamps

Then it was time for tea and cake....( my favourite part....)

And we used Distress inks on a tag....one of the new Oriental pattern stencils some water and played with the ghosting technique.

This is still one of my favourite types of background, and it works so well with this Stencil.

And wow, look at those colours....

As always you crafty ladies and gentleman just impress me so much...I am so proud to be your friend...( and teacher...but I do use that term loosely !!!! lol )

Another fab class thanks all....

And then yesterday Karl set off for his fix of football at Old Trafford...and yes...he came home early when the game was called off.

I was crafting when Adam came in to tell me that the stadium had been evacuated because of a bomb scare....I have to say I instantly felt sick.... Thank goodness everyone was ok but I can tell you I was very happy to see him ....it really does make you think....

So today I have been getting into the zone and making samples using the Groovi ready for our class this Saturday at CJ CardCrafts in Stockport ....

I also went to visit Mikey...time for a Mummy, son, catch up and hug...( and collecting his next bag of washing!!!!)

Just time to cook our meal now....oh and put some of that washing in the machine....

Enjoy your evening....

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxx

 

12 comments:

Donna Brooks said...

How I wish you did classes down south! The samples from your classes always look amazing. Xx

Jo Rice said...

Oh Bless you Donna, I would love to meet you and craft with you...are you coming to the Clarity open days? It would be good to meet you...xxx

Angela said...

Looks like you had a fab time - great work by everyone xx

Lisapmac said...

Lovely artwork from everyone. It's been a but up and down with the temperature here as well, think I'll have to start wearing tights again xx

rachel said...

Oh it was a super class jo! Tried to book in your kendal class in june but it was full again ...i did manage to get booked in for july though@!!

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Wow what a fantastic selection of wonderful art work. Well done. Wish I was there.

X

Judy Williams said...

I can only repeat what Donna wrote at the top here, what a wonderful day of crafting you had, and how I wish that you could come down south and stay a while so that some of us southerners could learn from you too. The artwork by your class is utterly amazing, congratulations to everyone!

Jan said...

Just beautiful , thanks for sharing

Theresa said...

and i wish you did classes in the midlands. what a jam packed workshop this was. hugs xx

Jo Rice said...

Oh ladies thank you so much for your lovely comments...and I would love to meet and chat with you all....we just need a plan....after all that's how Anglesey and Ireland started,,,,have a great day...group hug....Jo. Xxx

Sharon said...

Great makes by everyone x

Unknown said...

Hi Jo, hope you're well, I was typing to you before and had to shut down quick. I love the creations made by your class, they're stunning, speak again soon xxx