Followers

Thursday 9 March 2017

Ballroom Dancers

Good afternoon all and good to have chance to catch up with you today .

How has your day been ?

It has been another busy week here with magazine commissions to finish and I still don't have a car, so lots of walking for me...

Yesterday it was our regular workshops in Hazel grove and as always they were great fun. We had a play with the petite Gelli plates , and the ladies created some fabulous pieces of art.

Today I thought I would share a stencil piece with you

I do love the ballroom dancers, they are just so elegant... how I wish I could dance like that...

I started with a piece of backing paper from the New England Fall set of design papers...and used some plum Archival ink through the stencil. Once I had the dancers in place I used the edge of the ladies dress to give me a frame .

 

It works really well.

 

Some charcoal for shading and some gems for a necklace, such a quick card..

So that it is from me for today...I have dogs to walk and a meal to get ready...

Saturday is our Clarity Manchester workshop and we are going to create a canvas...and knowing me we will probably create havoc as well...lol...

And it is only a couple of weeks away from our first Clarity Glasgow retreat...oh I am so excited, but still lots to do...

Take care all

Much love and hugs

Jo. xxx

 

5 comments:

Lisapmac said...

Oooo I do love this artwork, very elegant indeed. I used to go to Ballroom and Latin dance classes up to 19, I can still remember some moves to show you lol xx

Jo Rice said...

Thanks Lisa, now that would be fun...we will have to do it sometime,,.lol...xx

Donna Brooks said...

I love this crackled wood paper in the paper stacks, its one I reach for most (need this one in a pack of it's own!) I love the border, such a clever idea to use the dress. Hope you can now walk across the fields rather than swim! XX

Angela said...

Great card Jo - simple yet so elegant. Have fun on Saturday- we're doing a canvas at Clarity Dorset too 😊 xx

fabulous fiona said...

I love the paper! The stencil is so elegant and I too would love to dance like that! Dancing at ceildhs isn't so gracious looking.
I too am really excited at Clarity Glasgow retreat. It is going to be so much fun and I am sure there will be lots of giggling too!